Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 208 mal aufgerufen
 Blues-Neuerscheinungen
Luca Offline

09.01.2011 13:02
RE: CHRIS DUARTE GROUP - Infinite Energy (2010) Antworten

CHRIS DUARTE GROUP - Infinite Energy (2010)

TRACKS:

01. Ridin'
02. City Life Blues
03. Cross My Heart
04. Waiting On You
05. Sundown Blues
06. Cold Cold Day
07. My Heart Don't Want To Let You Go
08. Killing Time
09. Purple Gloaming
10. Me All Me
11. Hamra St.

Chris Duarte Group continues to improve and refine it's craft with each successive release , the new CD "Infinite Energy" will buildexpectations of their loyal fan base as they consistently delivers some of the best work in the context of high energy blues rock. This CD contains moments that bring to mind legendary artists as diverse as Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix and Eric Johnson. Whatever progressions the Chris Duarte Group make on their 2010 release Infinite Energy are a matter of depth, not breadth. The group doesn't try anything new, Duarte still specializes in a distinctly Texas brand of the blues, one that has Stevie Ray Vaughan as ground zero, where even the Hendrix-isms are filtered through SRV, but they do manage to lock into a soulful groove on "My Heart Don't Want to Let You Go" and creates a noir-streaked moodiness on the instrumental "Hamra St" quite unlike anything he's done before. Elsewhere, the sound remains the same and if the production is way too clean for Duarte's increasingly rough, wobbly vocals, his guitar sounds hot and full, speaking with a warmth he can not manage, nor needs to create, as a singer.

Quelle:amazon.com, cduniverse.com

Remi

Der Blues ist die Musik für mich, die der Hektik des Lebens den Marsch bläst.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor
Datenschutz