Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 220 mal aufgerufen
 Blues-Neuerscheinungen
Luca Offline

09.01.2011 13:20
RE: GREGG ALLMAN - Low Country Blues (2011) Antworten

GREGG ALLMAN - Low Country Blues (2011)

TRACKS:

01. Floating Bridge
02. Little By Little
03. Devil Got My Woman
04. I Can't Be Satisfied
05. Blind Man
06. Just Another Rider
07. Please Accept My Love
08. I Believe I'll Go Back Home
09. Tears, Tears, Tears
10. My Love is Your Love
11. Checking On My Baby
12. Rolling Stone

Gregg Allman's first solo album in 14 years was produced by T Bone Burnett and features 11 covers of songs from legendary bluesmen Muddy Waters, Otis Rush, B.B. King, Bobby Bland, Sleepy John Estes, and many more, PLUS an original song written by Gregg and the Allman Brothers' Warren Haynes called "Just Another Rider." Gregg's backing band on the album includes Dr. John on piano, Doyle Bramhall II on guitar, and the incomparable rhythm section of bassist Dennis Crouch and drummer Jay Bellerose (from Robert Plant and Alison Krauss's multiple Grammy-winning `Raising Sand' album).

Like any genuine bluesman, Allman’s own life has been colored by myriad triumphs and too many tragedies. Low Country Blues was initially slated for a mid-2010 release, but that plan changed when Gregg, who had long battled chronic Hepatitis C, was notified that he was a candidate for a liver transplant. In June 2010, he entered the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida where he successfully underwent the difficult surgery. Knowing that he had only just made one of the defining albums of his recorded career proved to be the best medicine, giving Allman the inner strength he needed to fully heal. An inveterate road warrior, Allman is understandably itching to return to the endless highway. He spent the months following the surgery hitting both the gym and the rehearsal studio, working hard to restore his vitality to its requisite level. Moreover, Allman is justifiably proud of Low Country Blues and is eager to get out there to bring these songs to his countless fans.

Quelle: Website von Gregg Allman

Remi

Der Blues ist die Musik für mich, die der Hektik des Lebens den Marsch bläst.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor
Datenschutz