Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 316 mal aufgerufen
 Blues-Neuerscheinungen
Remi Offline

17.07.2011 16:21
RE: Davy Knowles & Back Door Slam - Live ...(2011) Antworten

Davy Knowles & Back Door Slam - Live From Melbourne Australia (2011)

Time: 73:44
Label: Just For Kicks
Styles: Blues rock
Year: 2011

Tracks:

[ 4:35] 1. Riverbed
[ 6:29] 2. Coming Up For Air
[ 4:31] 3. Messin With The Kid
[13:44] 4. Almost Out My Hair
[ 6:28] 5. Come Home
[ 3:45] 6. This Old Bridge
[ 6:24] 7. Gotta Leave
[ 6:32] 8. Tear Down The Walls
[ 5:52] 9. Keep Searchin
[ 4:39] 10. Outside Woman Blues
[ 4:38] 11. Roll Away
[ 6:00] 12. In A Little While

Davy Knowles has known what he wanted to do with his life since the age of 11."I was in the car with my dad, and he put on a cassette of Dire Straits' 'Sultans of Swing,'" explains the 21-year-old guitarist, singer and songwriter. I just fell in love with the music then and there. That track changed my life, and I realized, 'I really want to be able to do that.'"

Hailing from the Isle of Man, the tiny kingdom in the middle of the Irish Sea, might have posed a challenge to that childhood epiphany for a lesser talent. Instead, Davy just borrowed his father's acoustic guitar and painstakingly learned to play "Sultans of Swing" by ear. As a teenager, he mined his father's record collection to learn all he could about 'the blues' and he discovered John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Eric Clapton, Peter Green and Rory Gallagher, to name a few. Then I began reading guitar player magazines and started seeing who the people I was influenced by had listened to, which is how I learned about Blind Willie Johnson and Robert Johnson Davy explains.

He played in bands throughout his school years - usually as the "kid" among older players - and, ultimately, formed Back Door Slam with his school mates. The band's debut recording Roll Away, which featured Adam Jones on bass and Ross Doyle on drums, was released by Blix Street Records in June, 2007. Knowles wrote all but one of the tracks on the record, which became a Top 5 staple on Billboard's Blues chart.

Quelle:amazon.com

Remi

Der Blues wurde deshalb erfunden, weil die Seele vieler Menschen sonst noch schneller verkümmert wäre!

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor
Datenschutz