Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 308 mal aufgerufen
 Diese Scheibe sollte man unbedingt hören!
Remi Offline

27.09.2011 23:56
RE: Heather 'Lil' Mama' HARDY - I Believe (2000) Antworten

Heather 'Lil' Mama' HARDY - I Believe (2000)

Styles: Modern Electric Blues, Violin Blues
Recorded: 1999
Released: 2000
Label: Self Produced
Time: 50:05

Tracks:

1. Chi Chi - 3:09
2. I Believe - 5:22
3. Gotta Love You Better - 4:41
4. Oh Blues - 6:03
5. Pipe Dream - 5:32
6. Physical Thing - 3:10
7. Jacob's Song - 5:45
8. Reach Out - 4:34
9. Why? - 7:33
10. Traffic Violation - 4:14

Personnel:

Heather 'Lil' Mama' HARDY - Violins, Vocals
Hiromasa Suzuki - Guitars
Donia Oxford - Keyboards
Sam Taylor - Vocals
Michael P. Nordberg - Bass
Clayton Craddock, Mario Staiano, Darren Lyons - Drums

Notes: She was born 1965, Westport, CT. Heather 'Lil'Mama Hardy' began studying piano at the age of six and in the fourth grade started taking violin lessons. In high school, she studied violin with Richard Errante, a student of renowned teacher Rafael Bronstein. Heather next applied her talent in Greenwich Village, playing on the streets and in the subways. When classical training and precision collided head-on with improvisational, self-taught musicians, her unique style took root. Moving to Tucson in 1992, she joined the Sam Taylor Band, originally as a featured violin soloist, but soon becoming a vocalist as well. Juxtaposing violin whispers with tasty, slamming wah wah captivated audiences and helped the band win the 1995 Arizona Blues Showdown. That was followed by taking second place in the International Blues Talent Competition in Memphis and a European tour. By 1997, Heather had formed her Lil'Mama band, taking it to New York in 1998. Her first solo CD, 'Violins', was followed in 2000 by 'I Believe. Heather has also been a featured guest on dozens of other recordings, including Arizonans Sam Taylor, Lisa Otey, Gerry Glombecki and Stefan George.

'...A blues violinist? Are you kidding? Sure, I was a bit skeptical at first. After all, everyone knows the more traditional instruments of the blues, but a violin? We're not talking about a jazz player with an inkling to play the blues. Heather Hardy
is a full- blown, card carrying 'Blues Mama', with strong blues ties, who creates some of the most fascinating and deeply moving blues around. All accomplished with her violin! She plays her violin much like a guitar, bending and twisting notes with bow and strings like a demon unleashed, licks cascading like a frothing waterfall. Amazing!
Heather may be small in stature but she stands tall in the grand spirit of the Blues. Heather believes in herself, taking the male dominated blues world by storm using her exhilarating talents of voice and violin, her nerve, and her insurmountable courage to succeed. She is an artist of vision and insight.
On board is long time associate Sam Taylor, a 65-year-old singer/songwriter/guitarist. Sam wrote track 'Physical Thing', and contributed his gritty, expressive vocals to the mix. Donã Oxford, a friend, and Shemekia Copeland's keyboard player, who also fronts her own very popular band, provides her trademark keyboard sound to this impressive CD. From the all-out instrumental 'Chi Chi' to the last cut, 'Traffic Violation', we have a truly unique musical mix with a refreshingly new sound. Something new, something surprising, that plays well over time-tested grooves. With her band on board to help guide her, and friends playing to support her, Heather Hardy just ignites the blues and explodes any preconceived perceptions about what is supposed to be 'the Blues'. Stand back and let her rip! 'I BELIEVE' is a stunning and impressionable showcase for a talented 'Blues Violinist' who is also a powerful vocalist, bandleader, and a female who is determined to redefine the music around her. The songwriting, arrangements, and all of the players' musical talents are all first rate. I, too 'Believe'!....

Quelle:by John Muller - Blues Views

Remi

Der Blues wurde deshalb erfunden, weil die Seele vieler Menschen sonst noch schneller verkümmert wäre!

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor
Datenschutz