Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 291 mal aufgerufen
 Blues-Neuerscheinungen
Remi Offline

17.10.2011 13:02
RE: Candye Kane & Sue Palmer - One Night In Belgium (2011) Antworten

Candye Kane & Sue Palmer - One Night In Belgium (2011)

Time: 49:35
Label: Chip Eagle
Styles: Female blues vocals, Piano blues
Year: 2011

Tracks:
[3:40] 1. Don't Cry Sister
[3:06] 2. Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer
[2:42] 3. Scream in the Night
[2:12] 4. Do You Want It?
[5:37] 5. Lover Man
[4:36] 6. Dragnet for Jesus
[2:59] 7. That's Enough
[2:38] 8. Swing Brother Swing
[2:30] 9. The Lady is a Tramp
[2:30] 10. Dream a Little Dream
[3:36] 11. Only Time Will Tell
[2:34] 12. I Left My Heart in Texas
[4:56] 13. Cry Me a River
[5:57] 14. Boogie Woogie Country Girl

Sue Palmer is San Diego’s Queen of Boogie Woogie piano. She was previously a member of Candye Kane‘s band when they were still called the Swingin’ Armadillos and she appears on four of Kane’s albums including Diva La Grande and 1998’s Swango. Palmer also has seven albums in her own name, including last year’s Honky Tonk Rockabilly Blues by Sue Palmer with The Hayriders. In 2010 Kane and Palmer we’re re-united as Palmer was hired to be musical director of The Toughest Girl Alive, Kane’s autobiographical play that was recently part of New York City’s Fringe Festival.

There is a certain simpatico that exists when Kane and Palmer are on stage together. Such was the case back in 1999 when Kane and Palmer appeared One Night in Belgium. Kane is an enormously talented vocalist whose set, primarily of covers, includes Bessie Smith’s “Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer”; two songs from Billie Holiday, including “Lover Man”; Rodgers and Hart‘s “The Lady is a Tramp”; Etta James’ “Only Time Will Tell”; Julie London’s “Cry Me a River”; Doc Pomus’ “Boogie Woogie Country Girl”; and, The Mamas & Papas‘ “Dream A Little Dream.”

The remainder of the song selection is just as interesting. Throughout this intimate set Palmer’s left hand performs miracles. For another intimate look at Kane’s vocal talents One Night in Belgium is highly recommended. ~Richard Ludmerer

Quelle:http://bluesrevue.com/2011/10/candye-kan...lgium-10-7-11/#

Remi

Der Blues wurde deshalb erfunden, weil die Seele vieler Menschen sonst noch schneller verkümmert wäre!

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor
Datenschutz