Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 507 mal aufgerufen
 Blues-Neuerscheinungen
Remi Offline

15.11.2011 12:42
RE: Sean Costello - At His Best: Live (2011) Antworten

Sean Costello - At His Best: Live (2011)

Time: 71:37
Label: Landslide
Styles: Blues rock
Year: 2011

Tracks:

[0:12] 1. Intro
[5:31] 2. San-Ho-Zay
[5:29] 3. Blue Shadows
[4:32] 4. T-Bone Boogie
[5:22] 5. All Your Love
[3:44] 6. I Get A Feeling
[3:49] 7. Check It Out
[3:19] 8. Can I Change My Mind
[3:31] 9. You're Killing My Love
[3:06] 10. Reconsider Baby
[5:38] 11. Doing My Own Thing
[5:07] 12. The Hucklebuck
[4:52] 13. Motor Head Baby
[4:03] 14. Hold On This Time
[4:27] 15. The Battle Is Over But The War Goes On
[4:57] 16. Peace Of Mind
[3:50] 17. Lucille

Sean Costello: Lead Vocals, Guitar – All Tracks
Matt Wauchope: Organ/Piano – All Tracks except 2, 4, 9, 15 & 17
Paul Linden: Harmonica/Piano – Tracks 2, 9, 10, & 17
Melvin Zachary: Bass – All tracks except 4 & 15
Aaron Trubic: Bass - Tracks 4 & 15
Terrence Prather: Drums – Tracks 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 17
Ray Hangen: Drums, Tracks 4, 15, 14,7, 6, 16

Landslide Records is proud to present a very special album of live performances recorded by the late blues guitarist/singer Sean Costello, featuring 16 tracks of previously unreleased live material recorded in the US and Europe from 2000-2007. This first ever completely live album by Costello includes 11 songs not on any of his prior releases. Produced by label president Michael Rothschild, At His Best – Live was mastered by acclaimed producer/engineer Rodney Mills (Gregg Allman, Atlanta Rhythm Section) and represents the essence of Sean Costello’s unique artistry and total devotion to the genre.

Culled from dozens of recordings made at various venues, At His Best – Live demonstrates why Costello was tagged as a blues artist of immense talent and potential at the age of 16, and how he continued to deliver on that promise up until his tragic death in April, 2008, just one day shy of his 29th birthday. It also documents the strong overall musicianship with which Sean surrounded himself throughout his career. In September of 2009, Landslide Records released Sean’s Blues, a 20-track memorial retrospective collection, which garnered a W.C. Handy Award nomination, rave reviews from fans and critics alike, and a slew of requests for an exclusively live album. Now, with At His Best – Live, blues fans who never got to see Costello perform will hear what all the excitement was about; and for those fortunate enough to have experienced a Sean Costello show in-person, the new CD will bring back vivid memories of the energy force that drew audiences from all over the world to this incredibly talented musician.

At His Best – Live showcases that special gift Sean Costello had to interpret songs and truly make them his own. The track list for the album highlights his mastery of Chicago blues, swing/jazz, funk, rhythm and blues, soul and rock. Highlights abound throughout the CD: witness his amazing takes on Freddy King’s “San-Ho-Zay”, Lloyd Glenn’s “Blue Shadows,” Magic Sam’s “All Your Love,” Lowell Fulson’s “Reconsider Baby” and Johnny “Guitar Watson’s “Motor Head Baby” (wherein Sean ascends to interplanetary heights with his guitar work). On songs such as “T-Bone Boogie” and “The Hucklebuck,” Costello exhibits a deft touch within the swing/jazz idiom with some stellar fretwork and interplay with standout keyboard player Matt Wauchope; and on such killer soul/rhythm & blues tracks as “I Get a Feeling,” “Check It Out,” “Can I Change My Mind” and “Doing My Own Thing,” his soulful vocals and guitar work get inside the songs themselves.

A PORTION OF THE ROYALTIES FROM THE SALE OF AT HIS BEST - LIVE WILL BENEFIT THE SEAN COSTELLO MEMORIAL FUND FOR BI-POLAR RESEARCH.

http://www.seancostellofund.org/

Remi

Der Blues wurde deshalb erfunden, weil die Seele vieler Menschen sonst noch schneller verkümmert wäre!

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor
Datenschutz