Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 414 mal aufgerufen
 Blues-Neuerscheinungen
Remi Offline

07.12.2011 12:42
RE: Scott Ellison - Walkin Through the Fire (2011) Antworten

Scott Ellison - Walkin Through the Fire (2011)

Time: 59:00
Label: JSE Records
Styles: Modern electric blues
Year: 2011

Tracks:

[3:23] 1. Hits Like Dynamite
[3:11] 2. Shakin With the Blues
[3:11] 3. Aint Just Leavin Town
[2:33] 4. No Way to Live
[4:06] 5. Big Big Love
[4:57] 6. You Talk Too Much
[3:51] 7. Driftin Man
[3:48] 8. Sweet Thunder
[4:27] 9. Dont Wanna Need Ya
[4:10] 10. Walkin Through the Fire
[4:27] 11. Troubled Times
[4:17] 12. The Name of Your Game
[4:20] 13. All Things
[4:13] 14. Turn Out the Lights
[3:59] 15. The Man Who Shot Mustang Sally

Tulsa, Oklahoma singer, songwriter and guitarist Scott Ellison gained his street cred via his rich Southwestern heritage and the inspiration of Motown and Memphis. A stint playing with Gatemouth Brown, a beloved mentor, years of leading his own band and having many of his songs featured in the movies and on TV has provided him with an enviable resume as do eight critically-lauded solo albums that attest to his burgeoning creative energy.

Walkin’ Through the Fire is his bust-out effort with 15 dazzling originals penned by him along with either Charles Tuberville or Walt Richmond (Eric Clapton's keyboard player). He plays lead, rhythm and slide guitars and bass backed by Tuberville (guitar, bass, background vocals), Richmond (producer, engineer, keyboards, drums), Spenser Sutton (piano, Hammond B-3), Jalon Brown (drums, percussion) and the Hot Tamale Horns. “Hits Like Dynamite” funk up the blues with a carnal devil woman theme. The classic Memphis R&B of “Shakin’ with the Blues” is a sassy strutter with pulsing syncopation and a stinging Albert King-powered guitar solo. The mood takes a somber but provocative turn with the chilling “Ain’t Just Leavin’ Town” as Ellison sings, “…give me the words and music, and I’ll give you back the sound,” makes a hip reference to Robert Johnson, and states “My friends are leavin’ me, but angels live and die” as his guitar howls in sympathy. The jive-bopping “No Way to Live” lightens the load as Ellison swings on the strings, while the horn-driven “Big, Big Love” cuts right to the chase with, “…you always do your best work, laying down.”

Quelle: http://www.blindraccoon.com/images%5CSco...0The%20Fire.pdf

Remi

Der Blues wurde deshalb erfunden, weil die Seele vieler Menschen sonst noch schneller verkümmert wäre!

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor
Datenschutz