Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 422 mal aufgerufen
 Blues-Neuerscheinungen
Remi Offline

04.02.2012 14:17
RE: Ruthie Foster - Let It Burn (2012) Antworten

Ruthie Foster - Let It Burn (2012)

Tracks:

1 Welcome Home
2 Set Fire To the Rain
3 This Time
4 You Don't Miss Your Water
5 Everlasting Light
6 Lord Remember Me
7 Ring of Fire
8 Aim For the Heart
9 It Makes No Difference
10 Long Time Gone
11 Don't Want To Know
12 If I Had a Hammer
13 The Titanic

Featuring special guests The Blind Boys of Alabama, soul legend William Bell, and the rhythm section of The Funky Meters (bassist George Porter Jr. and drummer Russell Batiste). Recorded in New Orleans with producer John Chelew (The Blind Boys of Alabama, John Hiatt, Richard Thompson), "Let It Burn" also includes New Orleans-bred guitarist Dave Easley, renowned saxophonist James Rivers and Ike Stubblefield (Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye, and Eric Clapton) on organ.

In addition to two new tracks from Foster, "Lord Remember Me" and "Aim for the Heart", Ruthie adds her signature sound to songs by Adele, Black Keys, Los Lobos, Johnny Cash, The Band, Pete Seeger, Crosby, Stills & Nash and more. "Let It Burn" is also Ruhtie's first album where she does not play an instrument. Foster explains, "It gave me a lot more freedom vocally. Without a guitar, all I did was concentrate on singing."

Quelle:http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-...rn/hnum/1743316

Remi

Der Blues wurde deshalb erfunden, weil die Seele vieler Menschen sonst noch schneller verkümmert wäre!

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor
Datenschutz