Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 424 mal aufgerufen
 Blues-Neuerscheinungen
Remi Offline

08.02.2012 12:01
RE: Moonshine Society - Live In Shanghai (2011) Antworten

Moonshine Society - Live In Shanghai (2011)

Time: 61:54
Released: 2011
Styles: Blues Rock
Label: Indie

Tracks:

01. Breaking Up Somebody's Home ( 7:07)
02. Bright Lights, Big City ( 5:17)
03. Love Me Like A Man ( 9:03)
04. Big Boss Man ( 6:11)
05. Killing Me Softly ( 5:59)
06. Sugar Coated Love ( 4:24)
07. Better Than This ( 4:34)
08. Rock Me Baby/ Te Ni Nee Ni Nu (10:51)
09. Do What You Wanna Do ( 8:25)

Musicians:
Black Betty (vocals/percussion),
Joe Poppen (guitar),
Christopher Brown (bass),
Brett Byars (drums)
and special guest legendary Charlie Sayles (harmonica and vocals)

Recorded at the House of Blues and Jazz in Shanghai, China, the album gives live witness to American roots music being shared around the world by a new generation. This international release was made possible by the supporters of the "Blues Around the World Campaign" and includes special guest and legendary blues harmonica player, Charlie Sayles, with Moonshine Society.

It's appropriate that the debut album from Moonshine Society, based out of Washington DC, should be a live recording- after all, that's how the Blues is meant to be heard. "I now have new respect for the Boston music scene," said Tony Van Veen, CEO/President of Disc Makers after the band brought down the house at the Disc Makers Boston Party in 2008. The band has made their way around the world including throughout the US, Cuba, and China, landing them titles such as the "Top Don't Miss Show in Shanghai" from Delta Airlines' Airmag, "#1 Blues Band in China" on Reverbnation, "#1 Blues/Jazz Band in Shanghai" in TimeOut Magazine, and more.

Joining Moonshine Society on the album is legendary blues harmonica player, Charlie Sayles. A WC Handy Award nominee and subject of "Omnibus" (BBC documentary), Sayles has performed at Carnegie Hall, the White House, and beyond. His raw blues harp stylings and vocals on "Bright Lights, Big City" perfectly compliment the fresh sound Moonshine Society infuses into their favorite roots tunes.

Inspired by artists such as Albert King, Roy Buchanan, Bonnie Raitt, and Lou Ann Barton, the band strives to keep this genre relevant for the next generation.

Quelle:http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/moonshinesociety

Remi

Der Blues wurde deshalb erfunden, weil die Seele vieler Menschen sonst noch schneller verkümmert wäre!

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor
Datenschutz