Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 570 mal aufgerufen
 Remi's Bluesalbum des Monats
Luca Offline

12.10.2008 01:40
RE: Mein Bluesalbum des Monat September 2008 Antworten

ELVIN BISHOP - The Blues Rolls On (2008)

Tracks:

01. The Blues Rolls On (with Warren Haynes & Kim Wilson)
02. Night Time Is The Right Time (with John Nemeth & Angela Strehli)
03. Yonder's Wall (with Ronnie Baker Brooks & Tommy Castro)
04. Struttin' My Stuff (with Derek Trucks & Warren Haynes)
05. Keep A Dollar In Your Pocket (with B.B. King)
06. Who's The Fool (with John Nemeth & Kid Andersen)
07. Black Gal (with R.C. Carrier & Andre Thierry)
08. Oklahoma
09. Come On In This House (with Homemade Jamz Band)
10. I Found Out (with John Nemeth, James Cotton & Angela Strehli)
11. Send You Back To Georgia (with George Thorogood)
12. Honest I Do (with John Nemeth)

Ich muss zugeben, dass ich letzten Monat nicht allzuviele neue Bluesalbum zum hören bekommen habe.
Aber dieses Album hier ist nicht einfach nur eine Notlösung, sondern das hat es wirklich verdient, das es mein Album des Monats wurde!

Elvin Bishop hat schon längst viel mehr Aufmerksamkeit verdient.
Ich kenne Ihn schon gut und gerne über 15 Jahre lang, und habe bisher all das geschätzt, was er beim Aligator-Label herausgebracht hat!

Sein neues Album ist sehr gewohnheitsbedürftig, da der Bluesstil an alten Bluesmusikern angeglichen ist.

Bishop geht hiermit einen anderen Weg, als seine Leidensgenossen, die alle mehr und mehr Richtung Blues-Rock wandern,weil diese Art vom Blues heutzutage einfach mehr Profit abwirft.

Deshalb, hört Euch dieses Album hier ruhig des öfteren mal an, denn es ist von einem sehr gutem Bluesmusiker gemacht worden..

Elvin Bishop - the founding member of the Paul Butterfield Blues Band whose music has been called "sheer, unpretentious joy" by Entertainment Weekly - has completed work on 'The Blues Rolls On.' The album harks back to Bishop's roots, paying tribute to the musicians who helped give him his start. A who's who of blues musicians support Bishop on the album, including B. B. King, Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks, George Thorogood, James Cotton, Kim Wilson, Tommy Castro, John Nemeth, Ronnie Baker Brooks, and Angela Strehli. Bishop handles the majority of the vocals, with Nemeth and others pitching in as well. Bishop revisits his own '70s solo hit "Struttin' My Stuff" with Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks, Junior Wells' "Come On In This House," and the Butterfield Band's "Yonders Wall" and Hound Dog Taylor's "Send You Back To Georgia." He also contributes the autobiographical boogie "Oklahoma," played solo electric. Sessions for the rollicking album ranged from Jacksonville, FL to Clarksdale, MS, and to a cruise ship off the Mexican coast. Bishop is a slide guitar great with 45-years of blues under his belt. Rolling Stone has tagged Bishop's music as "raucous," praising his "careening slide and razor-edged bursts, all delivered with unflagging enthusiasm and wit." He is a founding member of the Paul Butterfield Blues Band and recorded three groundbreaking albums with the group. After launching a solo career, Bishop's 1976 single "Fooled Around and Fell In Love" reached number three on Billboard's Pop Singles chart, pushing the album 'Struttin' My Stuff' to number 18 on the the Pop Albums chart. He has performed on recordings by John Lee Hooker, Bo Diddley, and The Allman Brothers Band, among many others. On stage, he's wielded his guitar to accompany the likes of Eric Clapton, Hendrix, Big Joe Williams, Little Walter, Wells, Taylor, and many others.
Quelle: amazon.com

Gruss

Remi

Der Blues ist die Musik für mich, die der Hektik des Lebens den Marsch bläst.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor
Datenschutz